Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€10000... its burning a hole in my pocket

Options
  • 10-08-2006 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions with what I should do with my SSIA money? One thought has crossed my mind...Has anybody any info on the Business Expansion Schemes (BES)? Could I just invest it in a BES? Would I have any say in how the company is run / be able to offer my services? TBH im not sure what I should do with the money, one thing I dont want to see it do is just beat inflation....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

In the same situation so also interested in hearing any suggestions.
    I didn't have an SSIA though-It was made through gambling on Elan shares:

Interested in something less risky this time-most things are less risky than Elan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

TBH I would really like to invest in a business and offer my services, I dont really have the inclination to set up one myself at the moment. As well as that if things go well in the next few weeks I may have a job in business banking, so ill be dealing with stuff like this day in day out. In saying that I just wouldnt invest in any sort of business, there would be a few things that I would be looking for and I wouldnt be thinking short term either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Just to let people what I could offer, I have a background in IT and I have a Masters in Strategic Management. I would also have a number of years work experience mostly in IT but as I have said I am hoping to move in to business banking (obviously because of the masters I hold). So in the coming months / years I would have a lot to offer a business in terms of pure strategic advice, contacts etc. And of course my time would be for free :).

Advertisement