Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Chargeback problem

Options
  • 10-08-2006 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

Sorry bout the essay but here goes.....
    I placed an order with a now infamous online dvd retailer. After waiting 3 weeks for the order to ship I cancelled it. This retailer then credits your account for the amount of the order. There is an option in the account to get this credit back to your credit card, a refund. I went for this but received no confirmation email that they would do this. After waiting the obligatory 28 days, and then some, I still did not recieve this refund to my credit card. I rang up my credit card company to do a chargeback, after getting no joy through email, and sent them the various email correspondence. The credit card company contacted me and said there was nothing they could do. They claimed because I cancelled the order (if I had'nt they could of done the chargeback for non-recievement of goods) and requested the refund they could not issue a chargeback because I do not have an email stating the retailer will issue the credit to me. The retailer will not return emails and the phone just rings out. Like I say they are infamous for this so according to my credit card company the only route available to me is legal ........is this true? I would of thought credit card insurance might of covered this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Just a thought:

If they've put the credit back in your account, could you use that to order the item again, then when they fail to ship again, would the card company then do a chargeback?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Cheers MOH, I already did that but they actually charged my credit card again rather than taking it from the credit in my account (which they were supposed to do going by their terms and conditions). Unfortunately I cancelled this order aswell (after seeing this happen) and thats when I applied for the refund back to my card. Don't think I'll get it now as the website has been down for the last 10 days and I think they have gone kaput.....dvdsoon by the way.
    I just can't believe that someone can be swindled that easily out of money without any recourse. Ah well you live and learn.

Advertisement