Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound betting

Options
  • 10-08-2006 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭

Okay probably not the best place to put it but their is no betting forum.
    Anyway I think this thread would be good for people who have been to the dogs and would like to brag about some of their results.
    I'll start, I went to shelbourne park today (was great craic) and had roughly €30 on me, only 16 so don't bet that much. But I got a bit of money up and thought I'd go for it on the last 2. Put in a trio all ways and it cost me €18 (3 times min bet.) The dogs came in and I got €210 of the 1 bet. Lost the next same bet but what are you gonna do.
    Not bad for 1 night went with €30 came back with €280 so add on drinks and food I got I probably had €300 leaving shelbourne can anybody beat that.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

The bookies should have just given you your Eur30 back because betting at your age is not legal!

This actually happened to a kid who got a tricast up on the epsom derby one year. Yes I know there's no tricasts on Group races, but the guy wrote out the bet and it was accepted. However they offered to pay him only the declared forecast returns. He disputed this as he thought he was in for thousands, but when it was discovered he was underage, his bet was just voided. Sickener eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

telecaster wrote:
    The bookies should have just given you your Eur30 back because betting at your age is not legal!

This actually happened to a kid who got a tricast up on the epsom derby one year. Yes I know there's no tricasts on Group races, but the guy wrote out the bet and it was accepted. However they offered to pay him only the declared forecast returns. He disputed this as he thought he was in for thousands, but when it was discovered he was underage, his bet was just voided. Sickener eh?
    That is a real sickner. He could have got his dad to go up and collect it.
    Anyway they take bets from all ages at shelbourne, seen a couple of no more than 7 year olds walking up and placing their bets. Any luck at the dogs or even the horses for you mate???.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Congrats on the win. Every gambling problem has to start somewhere. From the littlest acorns....

It really is easy money. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Reganio 2 wrote:
    Not bad for 1 night went with €30 came back with €280 so add on drinks and food I got I probably had €300 leaving shelbourne can anybody beat that.:D

Nice to see under-age drinking is still in its prime at the dogs too....l

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

rag2gar wrote:
    Nice to see under-age drinking is still in its prime at the dogs too....l
    I don't drink, I meant coke when I said drinks and not the drugs either so don't be getting ideas;) and no I am not hooked on gambling its only the 2nd time I've been.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Not good enough. You should of been snorting coke from one of the 20euro notes you won from gambling.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

/me coughs....

we have a Greyhound racing Forum you know....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=472

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

What did Agent Smith get banned for?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Pimping his dogs forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

wyndham wrote:

LOL yeah course it is! Do you ever see a poor bookie? If that's the case everyone would be rich.

That's what you think when you start off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭cork-langer

wyndham wrote:

Thats the best qoute ive seen yet on the site. Genius.
    Nothing is better than a win though especially on those dogs... the adrenelin pumpin when that mutt flies out of the traps on the 2:27 at Hove...
    Get in there my son!

Advertisement