Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Game vs. G-Unit

Options
  • 10-08-2006 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JulianB

any1 knows bout it? :) id say one thing GGGG-UNOT.

The Game is the best living raper.
    50 Cent`s musick is a dance music.He and Rap is like me and Ski Jumping ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Collie Collins

JulianB wrote:
    The Game is the best living raper.

dats a vicious accusation... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

a very vicious accusation, get educated JulianB!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

dats a vicious accusation... :p

vicious indeed...julian you should check out that Irish rapper Collie...hes a double 'ard b*stard :D;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Game is good but the best? Maby not. I dont like 50 so im
    all for the g-unot thing but right now the hottest album for me
    is cubes and snoop has a new one dropping in the fall that looks
    like its going to me top westcost $hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Hasn't The Game been dropped from Aftermath? His new album isn't out till Nov 7th now.

As for the thread title, neither are particularly brilliant. I wouldn't pick either as a favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

G-Unit was the best group rap album I have ever heard anyway. Every song did it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

David19 wrote:
    Hasn't The Game been dropped from Aftermath? His new album isn't out till Nov 7th now.

As for the thread title, neither are particularly brilliant. I wouldn't pick either as a favourite.

no, he bought out his contract with Aftermath cos it was intertwinned with G-Unit records which he didn't want to have his album out on. he's gone to Geffen which are one of the other major Interscope labels so it really makes **** all difference as he'll still get all the same producers and marketing and backing.

JulianB, while i like Game, he isn't anywhere near the best rapper in BlackWallStreet, let alone anything else.

you're quite right in saying he's better than 50cent, but that's not hard though, 50cent is a mumbling fukwit who can't rap and doesn't even pretend to make rap songs anymore.

and you're about a year late with this g-unot crap.

no, he bought out his contract with Aftermath cos it was intertwinned with G-Unit records which he didn't want to have his album out on. he's gone to Geffen which are one of the other major Interscope labels so it really makes **** all difference as he'll still get all the same producers and marketing and backing.

I don't believe he bought out his contract, he wasn't signed with G-Unit for this album yet he still left Aftermath. The G-Unit deal was for 1 album. As for having the same producers on Geffen, no chance. He won't have the same access to Dr. Dre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

it was for 1 album? i'd love to see a source for that.

and i don't see how he wouldn't have the same access to dre seeing as dre still produces tracks for various non-aftermath artists who fall under the Interscope/Universal imprint. (all of g-unit except for 50cent for example). Scott Storch has already procuded at least 1 track and has nothing to do with Geffen, yet has ties with Aftermath, Cool and Dre are signed through Sony BMG which is one of Universal's major rivals and they have produced 3 tracks for it, including one with Mary J. Blige who is on Geffen. so if you've some reason why him being on Geffen will somehow limit the producers not least dre, i'd love to hear it.

Actually after googling you might be right about him wanting out of Aftermath because he was still tied to G-Unit. I thought it was a 1 album deal though.

Dr. Dre doesn't produce many tracks for artists not on his label(unlike Storch or Cool and Dre). G-Unit is a good example. I'm trying to think of one non-50 Cent Dr. Dre produced track for a G-Unit artist. I'm sure there's one or two but I can't think of any. The group album has 1 or 2 due to 50 being on it(higher budget).

Anyway, the reason The Game might not have the same access to Dre is because not many people can afford a Dr. Dre beat. Also, Dre makes more money if the artist he's producing for is on his label. It's in his interest to only make beats for people on his label. Certainly The Game wouldn't have such a well produced album if he hadn't started on Aftermath as he wouldn't have had the money to pay for it.

With that said I'm surprised Dre let him go after he sold 5 or so million so the Geffen deal might include Dre in some way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 G-Unit Soldier

young buck, lloyd banks, or tony yayo didnt have dre on thier album the executive producer was 50 cent and the co-executive producer was Sha Money XL so i think that the 50 cent makes these guys shine but dre doesnt but dre is bad and i think that the game will try what ever to get dre on his new album im just wishing that 50 comes out with his the same album the same time game does to see whos better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 crazy_lizard

thats great that you think that this rap because a lot of people think that the game, 50 and others are sh!!!t..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I think the likes of Immortal Technique, Jus Allah, Rakim, hell even Vinnie Paz would challenge your 'Game = best rapper alive' claim.

Fool.

And Collie, I saw you before 50 Cent I think it was. Your crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭bongo85

They're all ****e :D

It's all about Spiral!

....I'm Spiral I mean what I say
    I'm Spiral writing raps everyday
    I'm Spiral, this is who I am
    And if you don’t like me I couldn’t give a dam.
    F-i-n-g-l-a-s that’s where I’m from and proud of it.

What a genius! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Collie Collins

Archimedes wrote:
    And Collie, I saw you before 50 Cent I think it was. Your crap.

thanks for that gem of wisdom Kev :rolleyes:

yo, word, peace etc...

• I think the game is the real deal. Best rap i have heard in years. Although i am a classic ice cube fan..Amerikkas most wanted, death certificate , n .w.a. in general. Suppose it depends on what you like. Also he didn't leae aftermath he's form his own group and releasing from his own record group. Dr. Dre is still working with him on his album he just wanted to be free from g-unit mediocrity. All money, no music. Tripe nowadays sounds like pop music. Heard his new song the other day from the new album. On his website its called It's Ok (one blood) excellent beat banging tune with brill lyrics.

Advertisement