Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apply global repair warranty

Options
  • 09-08-2006 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭

I might have the opportunity to save on buying a MacBook Pro by buying in America.

What I'm wondering is whether Apple provides a global repair thing as part of the 1 year warranty so if something does go wrong, I can get it fixed in Ireland, or do I *have* to get the extra warranty thing for $300? That says it includes a global repair thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

I think you are talking about an Applecare warranty when you say 'extra warranty thing' - this would be globally as far as I know as would the standard 1 year warranty. Mate bought an iPod in NY 3 years ago went strange after 9 months, he phoned Apple support, they sent a box one day, courier collected the next day and he had it back fixed 4 days after that. The old days of 'oh you've to bring that back to where you bought it' are on the way out thank god!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Yeah, thanks for the reply. Found an article on AppleInsider from February that announced the launch of Apple's global warranty. ROCK! But what I need to know is... am I covered globally for one year if I purchase a MacBook Pro regardless of whether I buy the AppleCare warranty?

Advertisement