Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yankee, Trixie, Patent, Lucky 15 etc etc

Options
  • 09-08-2006 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone use these for football bets?

What the hell are they?

Lets say i put stoke (9-4),Colchester (6-5), Norwich(5-6) and Southampton (5-4) all to win.

What has to happen for me to win something on the different bets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Anyone use these for football bets?
    What the hell are they?

Trixie - 3 selections/4 bets - 3 Doubles + treble
    Patent - 3 selection/7 bets (trixie with singles)
    Yankee - 4 selections/11 bets - 6 double - 4 trebles - 1 accum
    Lucky 15 - 4 selections/15 bets (yankee plus singles)
    Super Yankee/Canadian - 5 selections/26 bets -> 10 doubles 10 trebs 5 fourfold 1 fivefold
    Lucky 31 -> 5 selections/31 bets (Super yankee with singles)
    Heinz -> 6 selections/57 bets - 15 doubles 20 trebs 15 fourfolds 6 fivfolds 1 sixfold
    Lucky 63 -> 6 selections/63 bets (Heinz with singles)

and so on.................

Lets say i put stoke (9-4),Colchester (6-5), Norwich(5-6) and Southampton (5-4) all to win.

What has to happen for me to win something on the different bets?

If you done a lucky 15 for €1 you would win - €124
    If you done a yankee for €1 you would win - €114

on the yankee you need at least two to win for a return, on the lucky 15 you need just one to win for a return (albeit very small!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

tbh these bet confuse me,maybe the mod of this forum could sticky a thread of all betting formats

edit/healio has solved the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Paddy Irishman

Do you understand what a single, double, treble and four-fold are? These are basically full cover bets for your selections whether it be horses/dogs/football etc. This gives a comprehensive explanation http://williamhill-lang.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/williamhill_lang.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1066&p_created=1021287916&p_sid=Ur25CGei&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD0xODUmcF9wcm9kcz0xJnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0xLjEmcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1#2

It has to be said that these are the type of bets that the bookies win most on hence the reason you see fancy looking dockets in their betting shop offering big payouts for small outlays. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole personally, you should stick to singles and doubles, anymore and it's advantage Mr. Bookmaker. Hope this helps. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,737 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

a yankee is basically cross doubles and trebles with 1 accum adding up to 11 bets.

Yankee

20c yankee would cost €2.20 (20 * 11 bets)

6 doubles (the 1st selection with the 2nd, the 1st with the third, the 1st the 4th, the 2nd with the 3rd etc...)

3 trebles (1st with the 2nd and the 3rd, 1st with the 2nd and the 4th, 2nd with the 3rd and the 4th)

1 accum (1st with the 2nd and the 3rd and the 4th)

Lucky 15

20c lucky 15 would cost €3.00 (20 * 15 bets)

Same as yankee only with single bets for 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th selections on your docet

Lucky 31 - extra selection => more bets, bigger price
    Lucky 63 - 2 extra selections => more bets, bigger price

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

It has to be said that these are the type of bets that the bookies win most on hence the reason you see fancy looking dockets in their betting shop offering big payouts for small outlays. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole personally, you should stick to singles and doubles, anymore and it's advantage Mr. Bookmaker.
    Agree. These sorts of bets essentially turn gambling into a lottery in which the bookie wins more often than not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

What about big team accumlators? Taking fourfold from 8 or something similiar, any point?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Mug bets. The more outcomes you bet on, the more of a mathematical advantage you are giving to the layer.

Advertisement