Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Silvia Models ?????

Options
  • 09-08-2006 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Im tryin to find out which models are which ! Not sure which one to go for.
    I have been looking at S14 & S15 through out the net but do any of you know out there if ALL the Silvias are TURBO ??????

Hope ye can help !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭[V3]

Not all Silvia's are turbo. You can get a non-turbo version.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭paul moore

OH Right, would i know by there model name ??? all i can see is its either an S14 or S15.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭[V3]

The models are the same S13, S14 & S15 AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

SXOC for all your Nissan 200sx needs.

Go to the UK and buy a uk spec s14a touring. 2l turbo, leather interior....

My 200, bought in the UK recent off the above site

P1010031.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭paul moore

hey thanks for that,correct me if im wrong,is the 200sx the same as the SILVIA ???
    sayin that all i need to find out then if its a turbo.....im after a jap one...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

Wanton wrote:
    Go to the UK and buy a uk spec s14a touring. 2l turbo, leather interior....

^What he said. Would do it in the morning if I had the time and the money.
    S15 would cost you mucho yoyos I'd say. 98ish S14a is a good bet. All english s14a would be turbo (AFAIK), non turbo would be import only (ie Silvia rather than a 200sx)

paul moore wrote:
    hey thanks for that,correct me if im wrong,is the 200sx the same as the SILVIA ???
    sayin that all i need to find out then if its a turbo.....im after a jap one...

why jap?

you have a pm...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

For the S13 and S14, the Silvia K's are turbos, and the J's and Q's aren't. The J's seems to be dirt spec - steel wheels and feck all extras.

Dunno about the S15 specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

lovely car wanton! am looking for something similiar myself....

can you give me more details like how much you paid, how you got the car to ireland, where in the uk you got the car?

also how do you find the car to live with? is it worth buying one?

draffodx wrote:
    lovely car wanton! am looking for something similiar myself....

can you give me more details like how much you paid, how you got the car to ireland, where in the uk you got the car?

also how do you find the car to live with? is it worth buying one?

Ok.

Well its cheaper than buying in Ireland, specially tuned!

I bought through SXOC

Joined up and spent a few weeks looking at what was in the sale section. Great thing about a forum, buying off a member who can do a search on their username and get history on the car, history the might not always want you to have.

So I found this beast, looked up the history on the site, spoke to previous owner (it had sold within the site)

Proven 300bhp, tuned by norris designs :D

So when a deal was struck, deposit paid via Paypal, balance via sterling bank draft on pick up. (always ask is it on a private plate, this can hold things up alot, i held back 10% of the sale while i waited for new log bog because he hadnt changed the private plate off before putting it up for sale)

Flew into Bristol, met the owner, went to his place for final checks on the car, then drove to Holyhead.

Arrived in Ireland, VRT, Tax and insurance :D

Guides say not to buy modified, I say, buy modified, but be careful :)

This car is an animal. Few issues, mine is very low, need to raise it, already cracked the HKS intercooler once. Plus I live in fear of the turbo going before I have money to replace it. I can see maitain this car being very expensive. I am lucky to get 28mpg! But these are just issues you have with having any modified car.

You can clear a completey standard 97/98 s14a onto irish plates for as little as €6k

Its so easy, I dont see what people buy jap s14's. the uk spec is higher, cars are cleaner and if you do it yourself defo cheaper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh i think i'm been a bit unrealistic getting a perfomance car while still scrapping for money for college, maintence cost would probably be too high

but sure we all go a little crazy sometimes

Advertisement