Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Gweedore

Options
  • 09-08-2006 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Heading there on Friday evening, is it still advisable to use M1 and come off on the N33 to join the N2? Or would I be just as handy to take the N2 from town all the way considering the new road to Ashbourne? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,303 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You have to deal with Slane -v- toll.

On average the M1 is a much better and safer road and I imagine you will make better progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

I reckon you would actually be better off to keep on the M 1 to Dundalk, take the Castleblaney turn off and head to Monaghan that way as you have the M 1 for the most of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Hamndegger wrote:
    I reckon you would actually be better off to keep on the M 1 to Dundalk, take the Castleblaney turn off and head to Monaghan that way as you have the M 1 for the most of the road.

If utilising the M1 to Dundalk it is better, in my experience, to go further on via Newry/Armagh/Aughnacloy (A28) and join the A5/N14 for Letterkenny.
    Heading there on Friday evening, is it still advisable to use M1 and come off on the N33 to join the N2? Or would I be just as handy to take the N2 from town all the way considering the new road to Ashbourne? Cheers

I use the M1/N33 route regularly also - much of a muchness, as they say.

Advertisement