Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lessons?

Options
  • 09-08-2006 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Okay comlete novice here, i've recently started playing some par 3 and i'm getting hooked now but the thing is i'm getting very annoyed at my lack of consistency. I might have a good tee shot and the very next hole slice it by a mile etc etc, also my accuracy can be good but i can't add power to the mix

How do i get a consistent rhytmic swing going? Cause i don't think i really know what i'm doing from shot to shot. I have no real plan in my head when i'm taking a shot and i'm particularly bad at short pitching (Way too far or way too short). So are lessons at the driving range the answer? Will my swing follow so that my short pitching will improve?

Any suggestions / advice appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Poker & Pints

there is a thread about practice drills if you look back thru the forum.

one thing to point out, is the game has multiple elements and one does not dictate the other. You need to work on your short game in a slightly different manner than the rest of your game or your "swing"

If you want to learn from the get go...spend the time and money on quality lessons from a pro. You need to do this just like anything else you learned in school.

For a pure beginner...unless you dont have the money...don't learn from someone other than a professional. You need to learn the proper swing first, then try and execute, not the other way around.

Good luck...definitely worth it....the game will be there for the rest of your life. ENjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 theslick

try to get your grip right first. I played inconsistent golf for years without making real progress until i got mine fixed.

Advertisement