Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smashed Screen!

Options
  • 09-08-2006 11:30am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1

Im just wondering if anyone could let me know the best option. My laptop screen was smashed and i dont have the money at the moment to replace it. Could anyone let me know if it is an option to buy a screen on e-bay and get someone to fit it? It would work out a lot cheaper - €300 approx. But would the screen be compatible with my laptop even if it is the same model (Dell - Inspiron 1560)?
    I have been told that even if the screw places are different it wont work. And there are different letters at the end of the replacement screen advertisments such as Y6185 or K2105 - what do these mean, does it mean it would be a slightly different screen and might not fit my model?

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭mossieh

have a look on here to check the part numbers: http://www.servicesource.co.uk/frameset.asp?top=end_user.htm&main=drilldown.asp

different part numbers can apply to the same part...

if you're reasonably mechanically adept, replacing a laptop screeen is not a particularly difficult job, on Dell machines everything is screwed together so you just need small screwdrivers and steady hands. The screws are usually hidden behind the little rubber cushions.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭techi

www.laptopparts.ie

Admin I have no connection with them at all just given a plug from a happy customer.

Advertisement