Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get free Warhammer Army Lists?

Options
  • 08-08-2006 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

my sons and I started to collect warhammer models, and foolishly we have 4 races now. Is there anywhere I can download (for free) Army Lists for Orcs / Chaos / Elves / etc ? I dont want to buy 4 books on top of all the other stuff we got this summer .....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

There's no legal way to get free downloads of the various army books I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

bummer. its a pity, though, as these start-up costs are killing me! €200 paid so far (including battle mat, paint and rule book) now I have to buy 4 more books. i would have thought that this would be free, as you cant play without it, and it would generate more sales if it were easily accessable.

no legal way, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 murphyk6

Hi Rider on the Storm,

Try the library. Dublin City Library has the Bretonia army book and one or two other titels. I've also requested that they order "The Generals Compendium" and am awaiting their reply. It all comes down to the interest shown so the more requests equals the more they order in. Let them know it is a warhammer and games workshop product. The women who took my details had already heard of warhammer, maybe she has a few addicts at home.
    All the best.

good idea! i will try that. we are regulars in the local lib. dont know why i didnt think of that before.....

good idea! i will try that. we are regulars in the local lib. dont know why i didnt think of that before.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Here's a few other options for you:

Army Builder - Its a computer program, that you can get modules for different game systems for, and use to create your armies. I haven't used it myself, but I have heard people say that although its ok, its not a replacement for an actual army book.

Bartertown - Its an online gaming sell / swap site. There's quite a large WFB section, and you may find someone selling ramy books / models relatively cheaply.

I've also seen assorted game systems books in both a second hand book store and gaming shop in Dublin. PM me if you want to know which ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 CaptainIgnatius

i beleive that the army builder is only for warhammer 40K... i may be rong, but i've only ever seen a 40K version... :confused:

i am also having the same problem - i have bought the new "battle for skull pass" boxed set, only to find out that the rule book & skull pass book do not contain any of the special rules for the models, or their points values, & i have come 2 a standstill with my new dwarves army

Advertisement