Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satnav and speed limits?

Options
  • 08-08-2006 8:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

Point of information, please:

Do satellite navigation systems tell you when you're entering a new speed limit zone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

my father bougt a tomtom navigation system for himself last year. i don't think it has any speed limit thing on it. you can set it to warn you if you are going over a certain speed, which is handy, because i think (correct me if i'm wrong) that the GPS speed reading is more accurate than the speedometer. i.e., if the speedo reads 120 you're actually only doing 114 according to the GPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,350 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm not sure if a database exists of Irish speed limits.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

My TomTom GO 910 has speed limits built in , it also gives warnins when you go over the limit . What unit does your dad have , perhaps an update on maps could help .

Also have a look here , I'm using this site and reporting weekly on it ..

http://www.scdb.info/en/

sharkman wrote:
    My TomTom GO 910 has speed limits built in , it also gives warnins when you go over the limit.
    Does it warn you of every limit change in Ireland? Does it cover the 30km/h limit in Dublin city centre and the 120km/h limit on the new section of the N2?

LOL at map http://www.scdb.info/blog/uploads/speedcams/google_earth_big.jpg :(

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Brianb8802

AH why was my post removed?? Mods what did i do wrong? :confused:

• Advertisement

Commercial advertising is not permitted on boards.ie and adverts.ie

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Probably better off in the motors forum .

Advertisement