Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there a program for punctuation?

Options
  • 08-08-2006 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

hi i plan on writing a book on paranormal activity in ireland,so i will be investigating such areas as haunted buildings,mediums etc.now i dont know much abiut writing and i understand that the writing as to be creative and not just factual,but as i dont know much i dont really have a clue when or where to put a comma apostra-fee(i know i didnt spell that right so i just spelt it as it sounds)exclamation marks,etc,so is there any program that can help,like if i just type normally as i am now and it will tell me what i should put and what i should1nt as regards puntuation?thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Do you have Microsoft Word? Or most word document progras for that matter.
    If the computer feels your punctuation is poor, it will underline it in green. Right Click on your mouse and it will give you suggestions as to better ways to organize your sentence.

Improperly spelled words are underlined in red. Right click and it will give you suggestions for the correctly spelled word.

There is also a built-in thesaurus.

Some here may roll their eyes at my mentioning this, but not all writers are computer savvy, and that is what keeps the literary world varied and interesting.

L4L

Advertisement