Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is Heatherview (Sligo)

Options
  • 07-08-2006 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering where abouts is Heatherview? Lookin at a place to stay for the next college term. I havent heard of the place before, is it outside the town?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

It's up the Cairns Road (where markievicz park is, the home of Sligo GAA), and the first left turn, go thru markievicz heights to Heatherview Upper. Lower Heather View, you'll have to go down cemtry road, and its the last turn to the right, before the water plant road.

Its on the outskirts of the town with, a bus, running every 20 mins, near it, as well as being a quiet estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Fitzo wrote:
    It's up the Cairns Road (where markievicz park is, the home of Sligo GAA), and the first left turn, go thru markievicz heights to Heatherview Upper. Lower Heather View, you'll have to go down cemtry road, and its the last turn to the right, before the water plant road.

Its on the outskirts of the town with, a bus, running every 20 mins, near it, as well as being a quiet estate.

Ah, I think I know where it is. Would I be mad trying to drive to the IT Every morning?

AFAIK, you culd get the bus out to it every morning?

Fitzo wrote:
    AFAIK, you culd get the bus out to it every morning?

Would it take long? What's the area like?

Turns ou tI was getting mixed up with another place, I have no clue where abouts the area is! Would it be, say, north, west, south or east of the town? How far would it be from the IT?

Sorry for all the questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,872 ✭✭✭✭muffler

this map may help in pointing out or describing the area you are looking for info on. I haven't a clue where it is myself but Fitzo may be able to point it out

• Advertisement

its highlighted on the map here as well as the nearest bus stop and the IT.

(please nothe there are two different entrances netween upper and lower heatherview, withan alleyway linking them.)

Fairplay to ye guys, yer legends.

A bit too far from the IT methinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,872 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I can reccommend a good bicycle shop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Too far out I'd say. It's a long, long walk. Nearly all uphill too. It's not really a student hotspot so parties and shenanigans might not be appreciated by families. It'd be too far to walk home on a pissy night in January after coming out of a club at three o'clock in the morning too, and Sligo has the most expensive taxi's in the country. No, really. It's true.
    Driving across town is a bit better since the thru road was built, but can still be painfully slow moving.
    Best bet would be to try to get into the student areas, such as Mulberry Park, Copper River, Glendallon, Cartron, Ballytivnan etc. YOu could walk or drive to IT quickly, "student" behaviour is tolerated if not accepted and you can share taxis after nights out. If you knew all this already, sorry to have been so little help:)

Thanks for the advise, im actually a 2nd year and want to tone down a bit from the madness that was entailed last year. Might just check the paper and see if theres a room in a nice modern apartment going in town or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

If your driving its not far, cut accross onto the new bypass and get off it at feehily's funeral home and bam your at the college.

Whats wrong with a bit of a walk after a few pints, its not far from town and would give you time to digest your kepab !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

A bit of a walks fine. Heatherview's more than a bit though. Suppose it depends on how much you've had:)
    You could try Rathedmond. It's on the Strandhill Road just past the Southern Hotel at the train station. It's not too studenty, it's a short drive from college, it's a short walk from town center and it's a fairly quiet place to live. I think there's usually a fair bit of rented accomodation available there.

il gatto wrote:
    A bit of a walks fine. Heatherview's more than a bit though. Suppose it depends on how much you've had:)
    You could try Rathedmond. It's on the Strandhill Road just past the Southern Hotel at the train station. It's not too studenty, it's a short drive from college, it's a short walk from town center and it's a fairly quiet place to live. I think there's usually a fair bit of rented accomodation available there.

Cheers! Will look into it

Advertisement