Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remapping the media control buttons on Inspiron 6000?

Options
  • 07-08-2006 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

There are 7 little buttons on the front of my Dell for handy functions like volume control, muting and playback, etc. They work fine with some applications like iTunes and Media Player but don't work with Winamp, which I prefer to use. In addition, I have an external soundcard with its own software controls, so I can't control the volume with these little buttons.

Anyone know if/how these buttons can be mapped to control particular applications? How does Windows recognise them? I've looked in the control panel and the system documentation, but no joy.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

What internet browser are you using? If you are using Firefox or another Mozilla one you can get a handy little extension that sits in teh bottom bar of the browser window for controlling your media player of choice. The extension is called FoxyTunes. Hope this helps. I was wondering about the control buttons at the front myself but haven't found any solutions either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I'm using firefox so that would be some help Soundman, thanks. It'd be great to get the buttons working fully though, they're so feckin' handy! I found a few Linux scripts that will allow them to be remapped but sadly nothing for windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Ah well. Hope you manage to find what you are looking for but that FoxyTunes should work fine for you in the interim.

Advertisement