Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much us my Laptop worth?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Strip out VAT from origin price, -21% takes Original Price down to € 1,900.

Less assume the dealer is charitable and has a mark up of 10% (but probably much higher that takes Original Price down to € 1,710.

Less depreciation on a 5 year straight line (-20% pa) takes it down to € 1,368.00.

Chances are that few will offer you money nears this, I'd say you'd be doing well to get close on € 1,000.

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

1000? that's a joke right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Seems low but check my maths, as I said, even allowing for Dealer margin of 10%, VAT @21%, and 1st year Depreciation of 20% brings it down current value to tops € 1,300. But if you were to sell, I don't think you'll get offers anyway near this.

It's no joke.
    S

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Thats probably what Id offer too. 1000. The GFX card is okay and the CPU is
    just okay too. All though dual core seem nice these days so im not too sure if I
    would go for a single core atm. Memory is the standard 1gig and Im not one to
    pay an extra 500 euro on a laptop because of the make alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

jaysus haha...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

i,d say a elite gamer might pay 1200,i they could afford it or an executive business person,who wants a state of the art laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 AnTyKz

tbh i am surprised you paid 2300euro for that thing!i would have barely parted with 1500 first hand for that. 1000-1200 for a few months sounds like youd be getting a good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

My Dell XPS M170 cost €2800 new over 6 months ago...(I know its expensive but so what!!) I'll be the first to admit I'd be lucky to get half the original buying price now,so you'd be doing well for €1200-1300 for yours....

Advertisement