Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20l to invest, any ideas

Options
  • 06-08-2006 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

edit : its meant to say 20K to invest !!

Hi,

I know there are alot of other posts about this but i was wondering if there is anything that has come up recently that you would advise investing in ?

thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭boomer_ie

grahamor wrote:
    edit : its meant to say 20K to invest !!

Hi,

I know there are alot of other posts about this but i was wondering if there is anything that has come up recently that you would advise investing in ?

thanks for any replies.

You have a few options,
    you could invest in some shares (high risk, retuns variable), - Dont ask me which shares i dont study them
    a company that you get a share of (risk variable, returns variable but tending towards high if you put the work in)
    form your own company (risk variable, returns variable but tending towards high if you put the work in)
    Get a loan (risk low, returns low).

Dont know if that helps, of if you knew it already but it may give you some idea.

Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

again go and sh1te sally and if you think anyone would fall for your sh1te ur badly mistaken......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kerry2004

check out quin life freeway funds they have done pretty well over the years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭RPGGAMER

safe 4.25% ? small return but safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Figure out your timescales and your attitude to risk. Are you getting married or buying a house soon. Do you have a pension etc

In terms of risk decide how you want to risk the money. If you can afford to lose money. Is high risk equities the way or is a deposit account the best. Of course you can split your funds over several risks e.g. 20% in deposit account, 20% in high risk equities

Once you've answered those questions you should know more about how you want to invest.

The investing options available right now are risky across the board. Deposit accounts are paying less than inflation, property is probably overvalued (maybe seriously), equities will come under pressure if the US economy slows. Tough call.

• Advertisement
Advertisement