Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iQon Laptop...no battery life!

Options
  • 06-08-2006 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I recently restarted an old laptop of mine and the battery life has to diminished to less than 5 mins (no joking!) even when indicating fully charged.

It has a celeron 1.6GHz and 224MB RAM (dropped since I last used it) and I think the motherboard is Fujitsu Siemens!

Now there is no make or model in the System settings or on the physical machine so I don't know how to actually approach ordering a battery online. I have done a quick search and found no batteries that match my description and the iQon phone number seems to be disconnected for the last week!

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Check eBay. Other than that you may be screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭esquier

Any more specs?, how old is it, Hdd size, OS, screen size, graphics card etc,
    make it easier to track it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

No way the motherboard is FSC, they don't sell their boards to any more, haven't for a long time.

IQON - PAH, is that actually a brand ?! in the true sense of the word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It might list the model number at bootup, watch for the screen or perhaps in the BIOS, whatever you have to press for that (DEL, F8 maybe).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

What numbers / markings are on the battery?

Check contact details against http://iqonsupport.ie/

• Advertisement
Advertisement