Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy drum set for beginner

Options
  • 05-08-2006 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,734 ✭✭✭✭

Looking to buy drum set for beginner off the internet. any ideas/links would be appreciated.

budget of 300-500euros.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Seany

You'll probably get what you pay for...the more you spend, the better the kit will be. Thomann would be the first place i'd start. I dont know too much about the drums themselves (perhaps some drummers could voice their opinion here).

If starting out, perhaps.....

Something like this

Or this

Or maybe this

I have found Thomann (based in Germany) quite good to deal with in any of my 6/7 experiences with them.

Best of luck,
    Seany

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I would suggest starting on maybe a pearl forum or Target but when you get it buy new cymbals and replace the skins. THe stocks skins and cymbals arent too good. Id say get Reemo skins and either Zyldjian or Sabian cymbals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Yeah Pearl Target kits like this one tend to be quite good:
    http://www.thomann.de/thoiw6_artikel-188115.html

I wouldn't worry much about cymbals or skins while your starting. You should just work with what you got until you grow out of what you're using in my opinion.

Advertisement