Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Battery ASAP?

Options
  • 05-08-2006 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I need a 9-cell battery for my inspiron 6000 in time for Friday 11th. I was thinking of using Dell but not sure if I'll get it on time. Shipping says 3-5 days.

Anyone know a better way? Do Dell have a factory store you can collect from?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

If you order from Dell today, then I'm nearly 100% sure you will have it by the middle of next week. I don't think theres anywhere you can collect from. Its not like they have to build it or anything and I'm sure they have it in stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jinx51

Thanks for the reply. I took the plunge and ordered in on Sunday.. estimated delivery is the day of my flight :P Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Make sure you have properly charged and conditioned it. Means having to charge and FULLY discharge 2-3 times, no charging it for an hour or so then pulling the plug you will only end up reducing the life of the battery. Memory effect still does affect Li-ion batteries despite the hype and marketing mularky.

MC

Advertisement