Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate SG:1 - 10x04 - Insiders [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 05-08-2006 1:36am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How does "Insiders" compare to the 197 episodes that preceded it? Voice your opinions here!

What Did You Think of Stargate: SG-1 - 10x04 - Insiders? 20 votes

Amazing episode - I believe in S10
    0%
    Good episode - We're moving along well
    5%
    User45701 1 vote
    Average - So I know I'll Forget It
    35%
    bkehoePugsleyKevokJohnKDingChavezAnCapaillMormadmike18 7 votes
    Poor - Defintetely worried about this show
    50%
    VenomIvanMr EWashoutWintersixoythelordofcheesesenordingdongKojakrobnubis 10 votes
    Awful -Cheyenne Mountain is Closing.. So Why Can't the Show?
    10%
    Vulturemickoneill30 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

This episode is bland, very bland. Hell the writers phoned this one in its so dammed bland. Bhaal is a cool character and hijinx always happen when he is on the show along with good banter between him and the team but not this time.

This time we have an episode thats predictable, dull and rather boring and feels like the writers havent even watched some of the previous episodes as the NID and Trust connections that always put a spanner in the works for SG1 seems to cause no raised eyebrows for the team at all.

There is no humor in this episode but at least bower dosent get his gimp TV reference in either. Nothing is gained from this episode bar filler and the episodes like this are the reason SG1 dosent need an 11th season.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

What unbelievable Deus Ex Machina in capturing all those clones. It makes me want to kill the writers. They will say that "They wanted to be captured". But if that's the case why not put them all on the one alkesh at the start. It will still have them all put into cells at the SGC. And if he plan was to steal the locations of the planets by force....why say anything about it at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Vulture

Incoherent and mildly anoying.
    Their all ego maniacs i can't see one of them taking a bullet for each other or obeying any orders they give each other.
    His plan : they all get captured then his brain washed patsy gives one of him a pistol and a key card. Using this pistol he will take out the guards and rescue all the other clones. What happens if the first guard guns him down? Not exactly the most rock solid plan in the whole world, sounds like something SG1 would come up with. The idea with some modification would also make an average computer game.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

A let down after last week's smasher. It was, as said, pretty much a filler.

I've often that earth-bound episodes with NID backgrounds are fairly dull (especially S5+) and this doesn't change my mind. Another traitor? Time to get the Voight-Kampff device out. Would've been funny if he had gone all Martouf on them and Carter got to gun down the guy who fancied her again.

Baal's plot only makes sense if you don't think about it. What annoyed me is the lack of any failsafe measures in the computers from just dumping data so readily. And Carter? Giving in so easily? I didn't like that - made her seem weak. Booo! Show more respect for her!

Mitchell was fine this week, Teal'c did nothing of note, and Vala was... Vala.

Next time I'd hope Baal is more charming and witty than he was here. I had liked the way they had a sort of begruding relationship with the Dakara incident but it seems all blown apart here. Please fix.

I'm giving it a mid-range vote but tending towards the "Poor"...

More of last weeks type required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭madmike18

last weeks was the best yet i do agree

this was not that bad tough. a few jokes about BAlls in this episode. really it was just to out the facted that bhaal will be looking for the ori weapon

(i dont like the facted that he thought he could kill the accients with the weapon)

now the ori he could kill but the accients would not let him and just stop him,
    as they do if someone gets out of line

but really that is all it was to do and carter only gave him the code so he would not kill any hostages

but again it was not as good as last week obviously but not to bad

really a farfetched plan but it made sense for him to try it and really was the only way for him to get access to the information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

madmike18 wrote:
    (i dont like the facted that he thought he could kill the accients with the weapon)

now the ori he could kill but the accients would not let him and just stop him,
    as they do if someone gets out of line

They cant though, that's the problem. If they do anything to him then they are breaking their own highest laws about interfering in our plane of existence. I supose the question is will they just sit there and await their own death? This might prompt a few of them to break with the others and help earth locate the device just to save themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Vulture wrote:
    Incoherent and mildly anoying.
    Their all ego maniacs i can't see one of them taking a bullet for each other or obeying any orders they give each other.
    His plan : they all get captured then his brain washed patsy gives one of him a pistol and a key card. Using this pistol he will take out the guards and rescue all the other clones. What happens if the first guard guns him down? Not exactly the most rock solid plan in the whole world, sounds like something SG1 would come up with. The idea with some modification would also make an average computer game.
    I would be surprised if any of them turned out to be the real Baal. Why would he risk himself like that when he has so many reliable and disposable clones? Don’t forget that ALL of them had the tracking device. Also since he has the brainwashing tech then he probably pops each clone into that machine as soon as he creates them so they will stay loyal to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Utter drivel.
    A loads of Baals
    to paraphrase the juvenile running joke in the show. A wasted opportunity, however badly put together, to dispose of a storyline going nowhere. TBH Baal only shows up when they can't come up with anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not a bad episode, but not great. I guess the real reason for this episode was to introduce the reason for bringing RDA back into the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Good episode - We're moving along well
    i dont see how this was a filler yes it wasent as good as last week i proibbley should have voted good instead of amazing but i liked it. Advanced the Baal story line.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

This was a crap one.
    What's the security like in SG command? One guy can break out and free all the other prisoners. What standard are the security guards. Why didn't they just seperate the prisoners?
    Carter stands tough when asked to give the code to a really important DB. Then as soon as he says he'll kill the hostages she gives in straight away. That took about 15 seconds.
    These secure computer systems with top secret databases can be copied to a USB hard drive pretty easily. I can't even do that in my job and I'm not running a top secret super sensitive military operation.
    SG command has a jamming device on the base that stops any signals from getting outside. This can be overridden apparently by just getting a few transmitters together. Pity the SG command team never thought of that one.
    Baals plan was pretty shakey to start with. What if the guard on the room door wasn't so easily overpowered. Baal would have been stuck there for good with all his clones.

Other than that though the other episodes in this season so far have been much better than most of season 9. Hopefully this was just a minor glitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

It was ok...tbh they need to stop with all this storyline malarky...whatever happened to exploring the galaxy? can we not just have a few episodes where they go explore, maybe run into a few Orii have a firefight, those are proper filler episodes, entertaining at least.

Im still waiting to see some Ori groudn troops in action ffs!

And some Jaffa fighting them!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Horrible episode, I gave it an average purely out of pity.
    The idea had potential, the exception made me physically sick.

Not least of all was Sam's interaction with Baal's at the end. Give the code or we start killing people, *gasp* how could he, you monster! Ok, go kill someone. Ok, ok, I give up! Bah, a military mind wouldnt betray her ideals so easily. And a military genius mind would know who wouldnt have arranged all this without an escape plan. Seriously, how retarded.

The boosted affect from multiple transmitters I can accept, but the rest was just pure tripe. I really thought we were going to have something interesting happen when they started rounding up all the clones, but bah...

Roll on next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Average ep overall, but pissed byself laughing at the subtle "Let's go sparticus" joke.

I'm Bhaal!
    No I'm Bhaal!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

It wasn't entirely filler.
    There was alot of set up for episodes to come.

It was ok. Some of the twists were ok but this episode fell short for me by ignoring all the plots that have come before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

A very average episode, IMO. It was pretty obvious that the Baal's (very poor joke) were just going to "team up" and get what they wanted. What surprised me is that Carter didn't try to embed a virus into the download so that they wouldn't be able to read the information - I thought that was very poor judegement.

Also, when did Vala become a military commando?? She got to be a leader of one of the teams who were chasing the intruders - after only a few weeks on the base!!!! The writers are trying to tone her down (which is fine - she was insufferable before) but she nows appears to be "dead weight" and adds very little to the team.

I know Landry said that Dr. Jackson was in Camelot, but it was a wonder that he didn't show for any of the episode at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Shanks was absent from recording for four episodes because his wife (Dr.Lam) had a baby.
    ****ty...I agree, but atleast they gave a good explanation for Daniel's absence.

Also, I agree with what you said about Vala. Though in earlier episodes you can see Teal'c in the same position.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Season 10 was going surprisingly well...and then this happened. what bull. Pegasus project...Love it!

Advertisement