Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-spyware

Options
  • 04-08-2006 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭

In your opinion what is the best Anti-spyware product out there to keep your machine clean from horrible nasties?

My favorite is ewido 4.0. This clears everything in it's path and most importantly it detects and removes objects that other anti-spyware software don't even trace. Overall it is a class piece of software and it updates two or three times a day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I use a combination of a few. Windows Defender, Spybot and Ad-Aware. They are all free too. :) Ewido is pretty good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I use Spybot and Windows Defender too but I find them kind of frustrating. The updates for Spybot are few and far between and Windows Defender never picks up anything............ever! :confused:

But then again they are free products so you can't complain that much ;)

My 30 day trail for ewido is actually up but I like it so much I think I will purchase the full version :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Yep I reckon Spybot should be updated more often but well they only money they work from is donations I guess. I haven't had any spyware problems in sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Zonealarm is pretty good I find...

Ruu wrote:
    well the only money they work from is donations I guess

Yep, seems like a labour of love.

Spyware Doctor is suppose to be very good too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jiff

Raekwon wrote:
    In your opinion what is the best Anti-spyware product out there to keep your machine clean from horrible nasties?

My favorite is ewido 4.0. This clears everything in it's path and most importantly it detects and removes objects that other anti-spyware software don't even trace. Overall it is a class piece of software and it updates two or three times a day.

how often are you seeing updates for Ewido? :D

Jiff wrote:
    how often are you seeing updates for Ewido? :D

When my trial ran out I used manual update and there were files available to update at least twice a day (bar weekends). I have the full version now and it updates automatically. I highly recommend it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Hitman Pro is good! Has loads in the one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 k-1

Ad-Aware, Spybot and Spyware Doctor are good for me, but no matter what product you try, they all pick up something that another product did'nt. Its a personal choice really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jiff

Raekwon wrote:
    When my trial ran out I used manual update and there were files available to update at least twice a day (bar weekends). I have the full version now and it updates automatically. I highly recommend it :)

twice a day - sounds go0d :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement