Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gol Grips???

Options
  • 04-08-2006 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi guys

Have just been on a web site for custom fitting clubs and they have recommended that i use oversize grips (the girls in the office slagged the hell out of me when i was measuring my hands, think about it;) ). Can any body recommend anywhere that does this in north county dublin, or has anybody done this themselves? Is it as easy as it sounds.
    Cheers guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

I used to have midsize grips. Oversize are vast. I use a 'L' glove and midsize fitted fine.

If you cant find any midsize grips, put about 4 layers of masking tape on the shaft before the double sided tape. It makes standard grips up to the same size. This is what i use now as I couldnt find golfpride multicompounds in midsize anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭stringy

I have very large hands and use an XL grip so use Midsize grips, they're perfect. Any pro shop in a golf club will put the grips on for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

north dublin....??

Balbriggan or Skerries or Balcarrick have all pros who should be able to fix you up no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Eddieken

Cheers guys.

Are midsize grips bigger than standard?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

yep,

Midsize are 1/16 over
    oversize are 1/8 over I think

• Advertisement
Advertisement