Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

poem

Options
  • 03-08-2006 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

I feel abit odd putting this up here. Have read some stuff here and it's really great. Anyway here goes,

Dark and black, dead and blue
    Shaking hands what can I do?
    Teasing, screaming pain and joy
    A body as your pleasing toy

Straight and sharp, stoned and weak
    Your understanding’s all I seek
    Begging pleading wanting more
    Is this all that my life was for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

nice, i like it. the rhythm, rhyme and wording are really well selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LUNA..

Hey, thanks for the comment.
    My account went awol, have had to set up a new one.
    Luna..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

It's a good poem. Unfortunately, I don't really understand what it's about. Unrequited love is the best guess that I can make.

But good work anyway. :)

It's a good poem. Unfortunately, I don't really understand what it's about. Unrequited love is the best guess that I can make.

But good work anyway. :)

Thanks for your reply, it's good to see what other people make of a poem without being told what it's about.
    It's actually about addiction and how your mind can have a love affair with the substance. So your correct, it is about unrequited love but not with a person.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

LUNA.. wrote:
    It's actually about addiction and how your mind can have a love affair with the substance. So your correct, it is about unrequited love but not with a person.

Ah. Stoned and weak. Now I see. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

No

getting stoned does not make me week

Matt Holck wrote:
    No

getting stoned does not make me week

Is that, "getting stoned does not make me week" as in, it's not the highlight of you week.:mad:

Or did you mean that personally getting stoned does not make you weak??:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Both of you, make sense, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I really like this poem. It struck a cord with me. I rarely find poetry I can relate to. Though I must admit I wouldn't have thought it was about an addiction! Though that is probably my relating my own stuff to it! :rolleyes:

Great work Luna! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭LUNA...

takola wrote:
    I really like this poem. It struck a cord with me. I rarely find poetry I can relate to. Though I must admit I wouldn't have thought it was about an addiction! Though that is probably my relating my own stuff to it! :rolleyes:

Great work Luna! :)

I'm glad you like it. TBH I felt a bit of a twat putting a poem up here. I suppose everyone feels strange the first time they post up something that's personal.

Thanks everyone that's taken the time to comment on it. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement