Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackpot €20 game tonight, Thursday 3rd!

Options
  • 03-08-2006 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭

This is the same as the merrion 20 game but with 30 min blind levels for first few, i.e. same as the jackpot on a tuesday. but now both games are the 20 Thursday game.. anyone going in tonight??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

I havent decide hit this or the emporium.Think the later will get the nod but will definitley be playing cash games in the jackpot later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I would have gone to this but sadly I have exams coming up soon and have to stay in late in the labs to study.
    Agh the hardships of being a student.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

What kind of numbers were at this last week? I'm guessing people who would played the one in the merrion would play this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

around 40 runners in this last week if i remember correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

myself and aodea will be giving this a go again... see you there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

How did this go last night?

SE had 80 something runners. Got unlucky for the first half of my chips and then managed to triple up when I hit a set of 3s.

With blinds at 300/600 there 5 limpers and I look down at AK on the BB. I push all-in for an extra 5.5k. Harold calls all-in for 2k. An uberfish who's been hitting sick hands and has a huge stack calls as well.

Harold has JTs and the fish T6. Happy days I think.

Final board read TTxAx.

Yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

40 odd runners last night shoud of played the emporium as my 9th was not worth the effort lost most my stack when ak was no match for aj.

although saying that my aa was no match for qq in the emporium last week anybody want to play a new game were u go in ahead then dont do the flop u just win? might actually win that way!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

ianmc38 wrote:

Harold has JTs and the fish T6. Happy days I think.

Yay.

harold called with JTs? has he opened up his game?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Harold had limped 600 of his 2600 stack. I was amazed as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,170 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Still haven't been to one of these jackpot €20 games. Might go now that I can get a night link on a thursday.
    But suppose the student poker circut will be starting up again soon. We'll have to get the fresher week tourneys advertised soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Is the €20 FO still on on Tuesdays or is it just Thursday now?

its on thursdays now same structure as tuesdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

What are they running on Tuesday nights now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Tuesday nights its the 100+10 Double chance which starts at then.

Seems to be a great game, 4000+4000 chips and half hour blinds I think.

shoutman wrote:
    Tuesday nights its the 100+10 Double chance which starts at then.

Seems to be a great game, 4000+4000 chips and half hour blinds I think.

played it tuesday is really good value great game till you finish twelth and go out with ak to aj when he fills a straight.

when does this variance balance out

• Registered Users Posts: 36,243 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

aodea wrote:
    played it tuesday is really good value great game till you finish twelth and go out with ak to aj when he fills a straight.

when does this variance balance out

Anto - you should be happy that you constantly get bad beats. I mean, if you got normal cards like the rest of us and didn't win every tournament you sat into I might stop believing that you are a great player..!!:p

Advertisement