Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Driver

Options
  • 03-08-2006 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Was out playing at the weekend when my new driver (purchased in March) broke when playing a shot from the tee. I have sent it back to the shop I bought it from but the shopkeeper rang me and was not confident of anything happening with it. He has sent it back to the manufacturer. Has this happened to anybody else or what kind of action could I take if the manufacturer does not repair/replace it?

Comments

My 5 wood snapped in half as i played a shot, about 5 weeks after i bought it. i just rang the shop, told them i almost killed someone, and that i wanted a replacement. I drove out, and swapped 2 bits of club for a new one.

Depends on the shop i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Iv rapped my 7 iron around a tree before, i was in stitches :D .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Was out playing at the weekend when my new driver (purchased in March) broke when playing a shot from the tee. I have sent it back to the shop I bought it from but the shopkeeper rang me and was not confident of anything happening with it. He has sent it back to the manufacturer. Has this happened to anybody else or what kind of action could I take if the manufacturer does not repair/replace it?

wait and see what the outcome with the manufacturer is, there's no point in assuming it'll be negative, if you have any problems or aren't happy approach the retailer and see what he says (re: manufacturer replacing the product) if he won't side with you either then check out your options under law here http://www.irishconsumer.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

I've broken so many old clubs it's not funny. But they were old clubs..

On your driver, one question: Did you use it on a driving range a lot?

Callaway a few years ago refused to warranty replace drivers broken on ranges. I've no idea if this is applies to other manufacturers, or even if you did use it on a range, but it's something to bear in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

I have only used it twice on driving range. The only thing is, it is a Callaway
    :mad: . Oh well just have to wait and see how it goes.
    Thanks for the replies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭DIEGO WORST

Was playing at the weekend, just shooting into a green when I heard a mighty crack from the tee box of the next hole. I went to investigate, the guy claimed he hit the shot right off the sweet spot, the ball went straight up the middle of the fairway. He then showed me the driver, which had split from the top (or crown??) all the way around the back of the driver head to the bottom of the club.

The driver? A new Callaway, just a couple of weeks old!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

it was rumoured that tiger used to go through at least two ignites per tournament before he moved on to the sasquatch, note RUMOURED i have no idea how true it is. a guy from a golf shop was telling me theat the rep told him on a nike demo day ( i appreciate tiger hits it way harder than us mere mortals,but still if its true then you have to wonder)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 caos

well if its a thing that you get a new driver stay well away from cobra they
    have no glue in the factory the club head tends to work loose it happend to me
    twice,i think they use blue tack or a bit of spit when fixing the shaft to the club head

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Good news, just got a phone call from the shop to say that my club has returned with a new shaft fitted free of charge. Now all I have to do is cure my bloody slice and happy days:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

if you have purchased golf insurance in your golf club, it covers damages to clubs.

I have had two drivers re shafted covered by my insurance, if you do it from angry bashing then you might not get it fixed and i dont blame them, but mine broke from genuine play,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,115 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

caos wrote:
    well if its a thing that you get a new driver stay well away from cobra they
    have no glue in the factory the club head tends to work loose it happend to me
    twice,i think they use blue tack or a bit of spit when fixing the shaft to the club head
    Have a good lawyer do ya?:cool:
    Cobra clubs are manufactured to the same high standards that all the other top brands are.

Advertisement