Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeats timetable anyone?

Options
  • 03-08-2006 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Hello fellow ULians. Does anyone know when and where the repeats timetable will be posted? I've searched UL's site but can't find anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭youthacademy

hey, dont know when or where yet, its definitly the week after electric picnic anyways, you got many to do? i gots two, sad day

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

I went into student services and they said everyone would be notified mid-August, so don't be making any plans for early September.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭rorymagory

IceHawk wrote:
    I went into student services and they said everyone would be notified mid-August, so don't be making any plans for early September.

I've one to do, and i also hope to go to the electric picnic. If my exam is on the 4th or 5th i'm goosed.

I see the SU shop is moving into the scholars. I missed the scholars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

As IceHawk said they usually mail out the timetables for the repeats sometime in the middle of August. The exams themselves usually finish around the end of the 1st week of September. Anyway good luck to everyone doing them.

Cheers
    Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

rorymagory wrote:
    I see the SU shop is moving into the scholars. I missed the scholars.

Is that definate have they started the moving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

I have two of the smelly things to sit. I know they start on the 4th and finish the 8th but I'm eager to find out the exact dates. I'm in Japan on Co-op and I get back the 2nd so the later in the week they are, the better.
    It's some kick in the stones that they're on straight after the Picnic too. It's definitely an incentive for next year to not have to repeat any. I can't make the picnic this year anyway but I want to make sure I won't be missing it next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Alright guys!! I'll keep my ear to the ground and see what I can find out, well for ECE anyway if that helps... best of luck with the study for em... fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 17,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Agh, might have to cancel a trip to Amsterdam, due to me leaving on the 8th! I have 2 exams, so all i can say is "AGH!"

And 440Hz, Im counting on you ;)

file://\\galileo\itd32\StudentAcadAdmin\Repeats_063_TT.xls REPEAT TIMETABLE

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

that link isnt working for me, anyone else try it?

• Advertisement

That's because the link isn't to a file on the web. The file is on a server in UL so you need to be on an ITD workstation in the college to access it. Maybe 440Hz could copy it and attach the file to a post here?

Cheers
    Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

ah sound that explains it thanks.

rmacm wrote:
    That's because the link isn't to a file on the web. The file is on a server in UL so you need to be on an ITD workstation in the college to access it. Maybe 440Hz could copy it and attach the file to a post here?

Cheers
    Rory

Cheers Rory, yeah I would have except I am not in UL at the mo... so you lot will either have to walk to college or wait till I get back :)

Sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dv

Here 'tis...

Nice one dv, cheers for that!! And thanks for posting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Good work DV, thanks a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dv

I accept all major credit cards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Hey guys, hope yer all well.

Have a question for ye all:
    You know the way repeat exams are capped at a C3 (the highest mark you can get) would it be the same as getting an A1.
    Do they mark it the same or whats the process?

No the highest grade you can get is a C3 and C3 != A1 so no it's definitely not the same as getting an A1. The exam is marked the same as any other exam i.e. they have a marking scheme which they mark the paper to. I presume they adjust the grade after they've marked it. I.e. if you come out with an A1 from the exam you're given a C3, same for a B2 for example it's moved back to a C3.

Cheers
    Rory

Welcome back F_M hope you had a good summer !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Ya had a grand summer..3wks in Dingle was exciting as it came,lol. Though my week in Galway was good too..lovely place!
    How was your summer Ms.Moderater? Congrats btw! Girl power and what not:D

Was asking about the C3 thing as i just have an Oral to repeat in 3wks time and i cant possibly get lower than a C3-otherwise i have just that module to repeat in semester2, even though i passed my written paper:(..what a balls if that happens eh?!
    So then, can anyone tell me off hand what percentage a C3 is?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

<juvenile mode>
    Heh..oral exam *snicker*
    </juvenile>

Fast_Mover wrote:
    So then, can anyone tell me off hand what percentage a C3 is?!

It'd depend on the marking scheme the lecturer has decided on surely? For example in one of the Comp Sys modules last semester a C3 is 40-47% and an A1 is 80-100%. If you passed the written paper and pull of a decent enough oral exam you should pass the module.

Cheers
    Rory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

rmacm wrote:
    ...and pull of a decent enough oral exam...

:eek:

o_O

*snigger*

kaimera wrote:
    :eek:

o_O

*snigger*

Quiet you!

Cheers
    Rory

Tut tut!! Where is the rule about mods being good and not lowering themselves to childish behaviour?? Pish, what would Derm have to say about it all I wonder :D

Advertisement