Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice City Stories

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

If its anything like GTA:LCS I won't be buying it. That was just GTA3 with motorbikes and a different story line. Noting really new, but saying that the multiplayer feature was nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Spuddie

I thought GTA:LCS was one of the greatest games released for the psp .I must say VCS looks 10 times better. Theres even goin to be a ferris wheel in it :D !! Id say itll be the only game pushing psp to the max of its capability .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

VCS seems awesome, and one of the few PSP games i'm genuinely excited for. roll on 80's style bedlam :D

Actually I have to say that this game does look better that LCS. Maybe I will give it another look. I might just restart LCS for the laugh, see how I get on. No but honestly it does look a lot better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 vidpic

Lemlin wrote:

Not news...these are the first screens from the game.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

Victor Vance will be the playable character in the game
    The game is set in 1984 - two years before Vice City
    Players will be able to take advantage of new Jetskis on the water around the city
    Helicopters are flyable
    A new animations system has been created which improves on "previous games in the series".
    The game is said to be "much, much bigger than Vice City"
    The game will feature a multiplayer mode similar to LCS
    Vic can SWIM!
    The game will incorporate a multi-tiered mission structure which is much more in-depth than LCS
    All of Vice City's radio stations will return with new songs
    New weather effects will be included - possibly hurricanes
    Many of the new buildings in Vice City are only partially completed in Vice City Stories
    New loading system - only slight pauses before missions
    New handling system on bikes which makes them much more realistic
    Vastly improved draw distances - better than Vice City on PS2!
    Increased density of pedestrians, foliage, cars and objects
    Less "clumping" (where groups of the same model would appear together)
    There is a new theme park on Ocean Beach - the star attraction of which is "Chunder Wheel" - a giant wheel which you can ride in first person view!
    Trip Skips are back! (The little taxi that takes you back to the location of your last mission after you die)
    Vic can take advantage of a new gadget - binoculars!
    The game features many more accessible interior areas than other titles in the series
    Ragdoll physics are in and are especially noticeable when the shotgun is used on an enemy.
    Car damage has been significantly improved and more detail has gone into the different parts of your car that can come off like its bumpers and hood.
    A new effect has been added to car exhausts which makes them more realistic
    New water effects have been included that make the spray from the Jet Ski and boats more realistic than in previous games. The water is also now much more transparent and tropical-looking.

What will NOT be in Vice City Stories:
    Character Customization
    Vehicle Customization
    Wall Climbing
    Seamless integration of outside and inside from LCS will no longer be in VCS

from
    www.gtapsp.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Was gonna sell psp but this game sounds good, i am gonna wait for this one, only otober to wait till, and then PS3 afterwards, what a line up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I'm looking forward to seeing what songs are on the radio. The radio from Vice City was excellent.

I am definetly going to buy this now. I wonder will there be a online multiplayer??? That would be deadly.

• Advertisement

Has anyone preordered it yet. I was going to go into Gamestop and preorder. Hven't got around to it yet:rolleyes: .

Has anyone preordered it yet. I was going to go into Gamestop and preorder. Hven't got around to it yet:rolleyes: .

nah, unless they give something away for pre-ordering... otherwise i'll just get it from work (xtra-vision)

nah, unless they give something away for pre-ordering... otherwise i'll just get it from work (xtra-vision)

Lucky you:rolleyes: . Was just thinking, I'll go to argos instead and buy it. They are usually a bit cheaper than in say the likes of xtravision or Game. I think I will just have to restart Liberty City Stories and bide my time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Gonna buy it. Liked VCS. Best game out there for psp. :D

PogMoThoin wrote:
    Gonna buy it. Liked VCS. Best game out there for psp. :D

I have to say that I think the GTA games for the psp are the best!!!

Lucky you:rolleyes: . Was just thinking, I'll go to argos instead and buy it. They are usually a bit cheaper than in say the likes of xtravision or Game. I think I will just have to restart Liberty City Stories and bide my time.

aye argos charge less for the games from what i've seen, though i'm not too sure if they actually get the new games on day 1

Advertisement