Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens if someone phishs your bank account and takes your money

Options
  • 03-08-2006 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

Friend of a friend was a victim of phishing (stealing bank account details). Someone emptied his bank account. Bank says that is his problem, and he accepts that.

But, i've heard of people getting their money back when they are phished. Anyone know what the situation is? Is the money just gone, or is there anyway he can get the money back from the bank?

Thanks!

RT2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭JohnnySideburns

It happened to a friend of mine. His ATM card was swallowed and PIN noted by a gang of foreign nationals (no stereotype intended). The amount was €2,500 which he eventually got back after a bit of waiting and complaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

From what I have heard if you complain you will get your money back once the bank investigate it.

Advertisement