Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Handicap query

Options
  • 03-08-2006 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

I am based in Dublin and play a bit of golf (estimate my handicap would be 16 ) however don;t have one and can;t afford the five figure sums required to join a decent club in dublin.

Anyone know what the quickest and cheapest way to get a GUI handicap is. heard about places in tipp etc charging 150 quid a year but you have to go down and play there 3 times, is there anywhere that you can sent in 3 scorecards provided they are signed by GUI members....

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Poker & Pints

Try Grange castle outside of \Lucan. You have to play your initial rounds at the club you join, generally with a current member.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Hi,
    I know that Ballymote in Sligo and Castlerea in Roscommon were doing membership for ~€150/ year. Their handicap "regime" was a bit lax. I think Ballymote were issuing handicaps on 3 cards returned from any club. I also think that the GUI frown on this (you should play your 3 rounds at the issuing club with a member) but it's the club rather than you will get into bother. Call up and see us in Rosses Point if you ever get to Sligo!

Advertisement