Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Woods

Options
  • 03-08-2006 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Man, this is a tale of tragedy, and I'm not talking about the plot of the movie either! Filmed back in 2003, it's been shelved ever since. I can't help but feel that if this was a remake, it would have had full studio backing. Such is the depressing state of the American film industry, that remakes and sequels are being pumped out with fervent regularity, but an original horror movie is left to rot.

Now, it's finally being released, straight to video, due out 3rd of October in the States, but no sniff of a European release yet.

Why in gods name wasn't this given a proper release? I've just seen the trailer here, and it looks like a damn good film! Most reviews have been positive, so the only reason I can see that it was shelved was that it wasn't a remake and/or sequel.

Pity the trailer is all we've got to go on for the moment. Thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

I cant look at the trailer atm as im in work but will look later. I`ll agree with one thing Karl Hollywood really has gone to pot. I was just thinking after I watched Sympthy for Lady vengance the other day that the last 5 really good movies Ive watched were all subtitled. I might just watch shinobi tonight now rather than some hollowood dribble.

I've been looking forward to The Woods since I first saw May. Bruce Campbell said that it was one of the best films that he has ever worked on. It's a shame that the current climate for horror films is so narrow. The only originality being displayed in the genre is in direct to DVD releases.

There has'nt been an original horror film released in cinemas in years. In fact the last truely original and entertaining one I can recall is The Devil's Backbone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Looks quite interesting but I rekon it could go either way...

Advertisement