Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Championship season betting

Options
  • 02-08-2006 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭

Gonna stick a bit of money of the lower divisions. Its alot more open and odds are better.

Championship:

Southampton is my top pick. They have gotten rid of Lowe and all the trouble that followed him seems to of gone. They are now in a much better position. They have also made some good buys this summer. They signed bradely wright philips and Rasiak from spurs. Kelvin davis arrived from sunderland. Had shocking season in the premiership, however the year before he was th championships top keeper with Ipswich. An excellent buy for them.

Most teams that are relegated from the premiership always struggle next season. A team that has been in the championship for a few seasons usually wins as they are used to change in style. Out of the teams that have been there for a few seasons these lads look the best.

top 3 is place. Betdirect giv odds of 10/1.

Top goals scorer is a tough one. Always hard to predict is this league. Gary Mcsheffery of Coventry at 33/1 on skybet is decent pick.

On betfair there is a good few choices to lay on the promotion front. Sunderland are 3.75. I really cant see them getting back up again this season. Nial Quinn doesnt fill me with excitment as a manager and they have signed any players yet this season.

Preston are another team. Price is a bit higher at 6.8 though. There best defenders have been sold. Another defender is out for the season after being injuried against united. Callum Davidson is out for 3 months. The manager who did so well with them the last 2 seasons decided to piss off to derby.

i am also very tempted to lay b'ham and WBA at 2.72 and 2.76.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Southampton are my pick also.

I went for:

Championship : Southampton @ 10.00
    Top Goalscorer : Grzegorz Rasiak @ 21.00

on William Hill

Advertisement