Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ashdown gear - my opinion

Options
  • 02-08-2006 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I just thought I'd let you know about my new purchase.
    I've been using an abm210h + abm300 head never let me down. I've used in all sort of venues from small to the likes of the olympia,the ambassador and vicar street.
    I've now added the mag115 deep cab and it is brilliant.The belt out of the mag115 and abm210 with the 300w ashdown head was plenty for me. It needs rubber feet though, but this is a minor point.

I've been playing for about 15 years and I can recommend this rig to anyone.
    It's portable, and powerful.
    I haven't had the chance to try the 2 cabs with my old svt head but it should sound really good.

If this gear was around when I was starting out, life would have been much easier. Between the mag series and the behringer bb series cabs things certainly have come along way.

If there are any new bass players out there, I would have to say that you could do much worse and really not much better for the cash, than the mag series.
    I tried the mag 410 deep and I think it's great except that I'm not crazy about tweeters, and I couldn't switch it off.
    With my abm cab I can. the mag115 has no tweeter so no problem.
    Ashdown support is very good.

So now my setup is
    Geddy Lee J bass
    ampeg svt-cl or abm 300 head depending on the occasion and location
    abm210h
    mag115 deep

For the bass player who needs good gear at a very good price.
    The ashdown mag and the behringer bb series cab are very good.
    Both have 2 year warranty, behringer also have a new for old replacement system. As long as you have no cosmetic damage you get a new cab for any damaged. I tried the bb210 and bb115 with the abm300 head and it was very good. There was a nice loud and clear output at the full 300 watts.

I preferred ashdown because I've used them for so long (2001) plus the blue speakers look great , and I know how good the support is.

I prefer a 2x10 + 1x15 setup because I think is has a better tone than a 4x10.
    also the rig I have is very easier to get in and out of gigs. plus it's flexible. for a small gig leave on of the cabs at home.

I hope that someone finds this useful. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭gotBass

Please move to instruments.
    this was my 1st attempt at posting .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Ok how much are you getting payed for this?, seriously though, i have the mag head and cab and i must say it kicks ass i shall move onto the evo 2 head as soon as i have the cash and i think i will always stay with ashdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I have the ABM Evo 1x15 combo, and I really wanna add a 2x10 cab to it. But still even with just the 15" speaker its a rocking amp.

/pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

300W head and 4x10 and 1x15 mag. Cant say anything bad about them. My first choice would be orange except i haven't won the lotto yet.

The ashdown stuff is warm it can be bright and it can just shake you at the knees when needed, is a great buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Ive an Ashdown Electric Blue 15-180.. never had any problems with it..i love it to bits and will prob buy ashdown again!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Yeah we've got an old Mag 250 and it's a really brilliant amp. Huge sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I got a MAG 300 2x10 for the old college rock society and thought it was the ****. Really great amps for the money. Just have to work towards getting one for myself now (well I've an Ashdown Fallen Angel combo for my guitar and I can safely say that it destroys all who stand before it).

Advertisement