Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Customer Service!

Options
  • 02-08-2006 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

With all the tales of poor customer service on here, I thought I'd start a thread for people to shout form the rooftops about good customer service they got.

For example, I went to the Meteor store upstairs in the Blanchardstown centre a week ago and got great help from a salesperson there, even though I was just getting a sim card off him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

most recent good customer service i got was in weirs and sons in dundrum.

i was buying a watch, and was dealing with a very helpful guy who knew what he was talking about talked me through every feature of the watch and genuinely couldn't of been any more helpful.

he was even wearing the watch i bought aswell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

There is a guy in Dunnes Stores in Balbriggan and he is the sounded guy I have ever met. He works on the checkout and as soon as you get to him he smacks you across the face with a genuine happy smile and an excited "hey, how are you" not the plastic "hello" you normally get.

He then chats away about whatever is going one, the last time I was there I was buying a load of snacks (big bags of walkers, bagels and some juice), and he starts taking the pi$$ out of me for not buying any beer to go with my munchies as he called them. As for the bagels he recommend I try a different brand, but I told him I normally buy them however they weren't in stock his response was to have a laugh about Dunnes been crap.

I actually left Dunnes Stores looking forward to going back, when I told my mate about him, she know immediatly who I was talking about, the guy is a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Lemlin wrote:
    With all the tales of poor customer service on here, I thought I'd start a thread for people to shout form the rooftops about good customer service they got.

For example, I went to the Meteor store upstairs in the Blanchardstown centre a week ago and got great help from a salesperson there, even though I was just getting a sim card off him.
    What exactly did he do for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Dylan_James

Just to balance myself from the poor customer service i have received off Vodafone, Sony Ericsson and Sigma Wireless in the other tread on this board I thought i should talk about the good customer service I have received from a company in the UK who made my Laptop, Their website is www.rockdirect.co.uk

OK first last year i got this laptop from them. They were so helpful during the process of buying it and delivery to IReland, which they dont usually do. When I bought it I was aware that if it needed repairs it would be my responsibility to have it shipped back to them.

Now I have some problem either with the graphics cards or motherboard. I called them and told them about it. They asked me to send them some screenshots which i was more then happy to do. They called me back 1 hour later and said yeah it would need to be repaired (free of charge) and to send it back as its still in its 3 year warrenty.

I said to the guy as I was talking to him on the phone "Its gonna be some major ammount of hassle and funds to get this back to you guys properly." hE said he would call me back again in a hour.

True to his word again, he called back and offered to pay what it would usually cost them to pick up a laptop in the UK and have it sent back.

Thats better then nothing.

I remember that mad French bus driver, think he was let go for being so excessive.
    But he really did make the journey's more interesting!

New year's eve 2 years ago, and i step onto the bus with my girlfriend, and there's about 6/7 people on it already.

he turns to me, looks at my girlfriend
    "there's only room for her"
    then he laughed and told us to get on.

We thought he was a bit of a nutter so we went upstairs.
    We stopped in traffic on Wexford street, and i heard the bus driver's door open, and he got into the aisle and started singing and dancing. The lights turned green and he was still in the aisle, and someone pointed this out to him, and he just laughed and jumped back into the seat.

The very next bus stop, someone tried to get off, and he shouts (cheerily)
    "where are you going? It's new year's ever! Everyone's coming back to my house for a party!!"

eventually he let her off without too much more abuse.

Then as i was getting off, he wolf whistled, and my gf turned around, thought it was about her, and he just goes
    "Not you lady, i like your boyfriend's shoes"

It was the most interestingly random bus journey of all time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Dylan_James

I have a feeling i was either on that same bus coming from Coolock or somewhere near there anyway going into Dub. some mad french bus driver. kept us all entertained.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

ciaranfo wrote:
    What exactly did he do for you?

Explained all the options to me, took his time with me even though I was buying feck all and was just generally sound about things. He talked to me more like I was a friend than a customer and he pulled it off, which impressed me.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

the french bus driver was a legend over on Commuting/Transport for a while.

i got great service from a polish girl in the shoe shop (think it's fitzpatricks) in dundrum town centre a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I had lovely, super helpful lady on the phone from Bank of Ireland the other day. She was really helpful and polite even though i'm a wally who knows nothing about banks.

I had lovely, super helpful lady on the phone from Bank of Ireland the other day. She was really helpful and polite even though i'm a wally who knows nothing about banks.
    Yeah, I had great service from my bank awhile ago. P TSB, I had been on to them to get an overdraft and for some reason they accidently changed my account to a switcher account. These accounts aren't charged fees.
    When I called the bank to ask what the story was, the guy I spoke to explained that it had been a mistake and I wasn't meant to have that sort of account, but I'd be better off saying nothing as it's a much better account to be on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Archeron

Bluebell Motor Company. They done some repairs on my van on behalf of the crappy, and unnamed company I bought it off. Out of the blue, about 2 months later, they rang me direct to say some parts had come in. I was confused, as I wasnt aware of any parts on order, at which point they explained that when they done the other repair, they had noticed that there was a problem with the engine mounts. Because the van was still under warranty, they decided to replace them before they broke, and hence saving me the cost of fixing it when they would have broken outside warranty.

yeay!

:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Generally the Dunnes staff in Balbriggan are lovely and friendly.
    I have found o2 customer service excellent aswell and the EBS is Drumcondra also a pleasure to deal with.

Moonbeam wrote:
    Generally the Dunnes staff in Balbriggan are lovely and friendly.

I can't help thinking give them another 12 months, but when I think about it I often shop in Dunnes Grocery in the Ilac, the store itself is a $hit whole, but the staff are really friendly and helpful.

Butlers coffee shop on Henry st also deserves a mention the staff are really friendly, it's hard for them to be helpful as it's the same process again and again, but they are always happy to serve you if it's not manic busy they have a chat. Best of all you get a chocolate with your coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭irishproduce

There is a girl working in pigsback, her name is Lynn.
    I mailed her for the fourth time in a row last week with a request for points that had not been awarded, she is very down to earth, she cracks the odd joke in the body of the email too and generally gets the job done very quickly.
    Excellent service from her well done.
    Also the guys in cdwow.ie and sendit.com are excellent with lost dvds or problems with making orderds

Advertisement