Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony vaio Red wine incident! Damn Girlfriends

Options
  • 02-08-2006 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

My girlfriend managed to spill red wine into my new sony vaio (not cool). Bought it in Dubai so apparently the warranty etc isn't valid (I don't think it covers accidental drunkeness either).

Anyways the screen is pretty much destined for the scrap heap, (its all cloudy inside, like condensation, as well as rather sizable blob) :(

I've taken out the screen and am looking for a replacement online, and have spotted a couple of site. I'm just wondering if theres anyway of finding out if different screen are compatible with each other.

For example, my screen has model number LTD133EX2Y, which I can only find stocked on 1 website http://www.screentekinc.com. Going for about 400bucks+plus delivery.

However the LTD133EX2X version I can find in quite a few place, for considerably cheaper. (Both screens fit into 13.3" sony vaio S models, where mine is a S48).

Any adivse.
    Thanks a mill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The big question is did you dump her after?

does the screen actually show anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Jethrog

Didn't have the heart to dump her, I came home and there was a steak the size of a toilet seat waiting for me! Good times, kinda helped soften the blow. :)

The screen looks to be pretty much perfect, except for the bottom left corner (where the wine spilt) where it's kinda cloudy and in the middle of the cloud theres patch of the screen (about the size of a 2uro coin) thats much brighter than the rest of the screen.

Is there any chance I could get it repaired..?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

My guess is that the repair service would just replace screen as you are trying to do, but cost you twice as more!

Advertisement