Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coin charge in Bank

Options
  • 02-08-2006 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭

Hi,

If i bring in alll the coins that I have (in bags, already counted) will my bank charge me? I heard somewhere that this was the case - but tbh I find it unbelievable!

Cheers,

K

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Keedowah wrote:
    Hi,

If i bring in alll the coins that I have (in bags, already counted) will my bank charge me? I heard somewhere that this was the case - but tbh I find it unbelievable!

Cheers,

K

Bank of Ireland definitely don't charge. I've brought bagged coins in twice in the last month (several hundred Euro) and no charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Aidan78

There's no charge in the AIB either. Brought in over €150 the other day and they changed it no problem. Heard before that most banks won't charge if you exchange over €100. I normally just lodge the coins to my account but getting cash on the spot doesn't incur a charge either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

and I've bought in about €25 euro and not being charged in BOI, so you should be OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Shouldn't be any charge for it, just to get it counted. I normally dump my coins in those machines and counts the money up for you, then prints the receipt of how much you have (theres a small service charge). I think Eurospar has them. You go up to the register, hand in your receipt and get your money. Last time I went in with a heap of coints, it was over €100. I kid you not, I was delighted and shocked I had that much laying around in all sorts of denominations. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

(theres a small service charge).

If it's the same machines as the ones in Londis, it's 10% service charge and you then have to use the receipt in the shop :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

There used to be a way to circumvent a bank charge on coins, if one is charged by going in and getting a bank draft with the coins and then lodging the bank draft.

Easy as pie. Don't know if it still works but obviously if there's no charge then no need to do it

Advertisement