Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latitude C500/C600 Keyboard error.

Options
  • 01-08-2006 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

I have an old Dell Latitude C600 laptop. The laptop itself is in good condition asside from a dead battery, but the keyboard has been acting up recently. When the laptop is booted up the keyboard works fine, and it continues working for a short while, but after a random moment, they keyboard and mouse stops working. Ctrl-Alt-Del, Num lock etc doesnt work and regardless to weither or not I use the trackpad or the trackpoint, I cant move the cursor. But if I press the power button Windows shuts down. Before the worst that would happen is the infamous mouse drift.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Sounds like the keybaord maybe on the way out or the ribbon cable attaching to motherboard is loose or dodgey.The mouse drift is well know about early models,is it dual pointer?ie.touchpad and nipple?We had to fix several of this by cutting the ribbon cable to one of the mouse inouts,ie. use either touchpad or trackpad but not both and it fixes it fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Well I plan on removing the palmrest and trackpad assembly from the laptop in order to add a piece of anti-static plastic to the back of the trackpad, which is supposed to permenently solve the mouse issue. This could fix my keyboard problem too as the keyboard stops responding sooner if I lean on the palmrest, if I leave the laptop on a flat surface, it works fine for much longer.

Advertisement