Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Certain converstations or sharing ones personal experience

Options
  • 01-08-2006 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

Please dont forget folks, we are all part of eachothers lessons and journeys, It seems that a lot of the time when someone asks a question here they are given a link to a website or told to go google something, sharing ones personal experience is a great gift and infinitely more valuable than directing somebody to tidbits of unreliable anonymous electronic code.

Matthew.

First of this topic in conjunction with your chosen nick name amused me greatly,
    for it was reported in his own book The Discovery of Witches,
    that it was a conversation that Matthew Hopkins over heard of women disscusing thier 'personal experiences' that started the witchfinder on his path.

While now days is not not likely that people will be pressed, dunked and pricked
    for talking about thier unsual and (super)natural experiences there still is the fear of denouncement to a point.

While boards.ie forums can and do develope into nice and wonderful communities
    there is the fact that boards.ie as a whole site is more then a single forum and post remain for years and can be searched by google.
    So when you are sharing a personal experience here you are sharing it the whole of the internet for years to come.

While sharing a personal experience in a certain context with a certain person at a certain time can be one of the most informative wonderful
    and indeed magical experiences I find that they have to happen of thier own accord.

If someone comes to the forums here and share thier expriences great most likely I will be happy to disscus it with them
    and talk about some of the many experiences I have had but if someone comes with the same type questions again and again
    wanting to know all about a certain topic they will be told do your own research.
    If they want then to come back and talk about a certain aspect of what they have discovered
    or what they think about a certain aspect then wonderful that will be a real disscussion.

What can't be seen on these forums is the number of times people have chosed to use the private message function
    of the site to talk about thier experiences branching off from the threads here.
    There are times I do prefer to use that rather then responding in thread.

There is also for me that the time must be right for certain concerstaion or posts.
    Be it a cosmic thing or a personal one I know that when mercury is in retrograde my posts are few and a lot less long.

Being on a spiritual path means that we learn to accept pointers and lessons from where ever
    and who ever our Gods and guides send them to use and sometimes the lessons is to for fill that function ourselves to others.

With the radical change in now how open people are to what was once seen as utterclap trap
    from crystals to reincarnation it can be a lot easier to find yourslef in a conversation you never expected.

I certainly didnt expect last week when going out to water the garden at 11pm when it was finally dark
    to end up in a converstaion with two of the nieghbours that they themsleves turned to chat about reincarnation
    and how children were more evolved and it was old heads on young sholders,both ladys being salt of the earth types and in their 50s.

I know I am very greatful for conversations in person and that I have had over the internet that are part of my journey,
    but I do think that they happen when they are ment to,
    be they with a complete stranger or when a topic arises with a friend when it
    you have to learn to honour them no matter which end you are on.
    This does not mean I suffer fools gladly and I would try not to put upon those who find themsleves having converstaions with me for my benefit.
    Yes a lot of these converstaions have a two way benefit as we are all learning.

Over the years I have tried to learn to pay notice when one of these conversation are going to happen sometimes I get a heads up and other times I don't.
    I do know that my life would be a lot less richer and full of intresting things, people and experience if I had not has so many converstaions past the witching hour and until the sunrose the next day.

Yes we are all parts of each other's journeys but that does not mean we make an open book of ourselves to just everyone and anyone.

Advertisement