Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting a PA System

Options
  • 31-07-2006 9:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Just wondered if anyone knew anywhere you could rent out a PA system for a gig in a pub as the venue doesnt provide one?
    Cheers ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Soundlease in Walkinstown do rentals fairly reasonably.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

So do soundhire, 01-4976385. Used them for years when we organised gigs in school and for house partys. We got discounts cause we were such regular customers but we paid 100 for a 1.4killowatt system with 5 mics and stands a 2 speakers and a monitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

So do soundhire, 01-4976385. Used them for years when we organised gigs in school and for house partys. We got discounts cause we were such regular customers but we paid 100 for a 1.4killowatt system with 5 mics and stands a 2 speakers and a monitor.

That's not bad actually ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Savman wrote:
    That's not bad actually ;)

As far as I know they are usually a little bit more expensive but as I said we used them alot and never used any other company so they gave us a discount. Shouldnt be much more then that though.

Just found there site http://www.soundhire.ie/ It has prices and all contact details there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

As far as I know they are usually a little bit more expensive but as I said we used them alot and never used any other company so they gave us a discount. Shouldnt be much more then that though.

Just found there site http://www.soundhire.ie/ It has prices and all contact details there.

I do PA hire meself, more geared towards full live bands whereas some of those systems on the Sound Hire site would be a bit problematic for a proper set-up, mic'ing drums, monitors etc etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement