Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new toy for my birthday! ^_^

Options
  • 31-07-2006 4:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Yep, it's my birthday, and I got a nice little present:

ISP%20Decimator2.jpg

Well basically, I felt I needed a bit of noise reduction, as the Fireball can be a bit wild. The ISP Decimator has to be the most highly reguarded noisegate in this respect. Just about every guitar-related message board I've come across, once the subject of noisegates come up, everyone is singing the Decimator's praises. I can see why.

I had read some discouraging comments by one reviewer on harmony central, stating that with the Decimator engaged, palm-mutes lost a little punch. Honestly, I've A/B'd the guitar plugged straight into the amp, and then with said pedal in the signal chain, and honestly I cannot hear a bit of difference. I can honestly say, you just wouldn't notice it in the signal chain.

It works. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

thats cool karl

what about on clean (if u use it :p) notice and dynamic loss hen picking or hammering on or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Happy (belated) birthday dude, and happy new acquisition!

I've heard great things about the Decimator, why can't it be my birthday too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

But noise and feedback is all part of rock and roll man...youre selling out!!!;)

Sounds good. Looks cool and shiny too (at least as important as the sound)!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Is there an infinite setting on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

jcoote wrote:
    thats cool karl

what about on clean (if u use it :p) notice and dynamic loss hen picking or hammering on or anything

Yeah, I use a lot of cleans. I've mainly A/B'd the distortion, so I might give it a go on cleans, and see what results I get. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Alrighty, I've A/B'd the cleans now, and honestly, can't hear a bit of difference tone-wise.

Advertisement