Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift vouchers expiry date

Options
  • 30-07-2006 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

I've found a gift voucher that I had misplaced. Unfortunatly the voucher is out of date. While the voucher is not worth a lot and I wont lose any sleep over it, I'm wondering how legal it is to sell something non-perishable like a gift voucher that is invalid after a period of time.

I could understand where there was a change in ownership of the business this might be an issue but there hasnt been in this case.

So I'd like to ask the LD forum is this legal?

Mods: Please note I'm not about to take legal proceedings, just curious on the legality of this issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'm no legal eagle, but a voucher is not legal tender.
    Therefore, it's at the sole discretion of the store owner to apply an expiry date if they so wish.
    In doing so, they're always gonna have T&Cs apply, or the date stated clearly on it.
    If they don't, then you'd have a case if they would refuse it.

Advertisement