Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Distortion

Options
  • 30-07-2006 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭

right so i'm in between amps so with any bands that i am gonna be playing with i will be using the studio/house amp for the next month or 2.

that being the case i wanna get a distortion pedal so i don't have to rely on ****ty channels on ****ty amps.

So would naybody recommend any?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

MI Audio Crunch Box. http://www.miaudio.com/CB1.htm It's a nice, affordable, boutique distortion pedal. True bypass of course. Check out the sound clips.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

If your into rock get the womaniser, if your playing metal get the demonizer, Meant to be absolutly unbelieveable. They both have 2 tubes in em if i understand correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

cheers lads 3 savage pedals there but i'm just looking for a pedal to keep me distorted until i get a new amp (who's od channel i will use)

so i'm kinda thikin mt-2 or a tonecore pedalor something along them lines

spending that much money on a distortion pedal just to use it for a month or 2 would be a bit much

should have made that clearer sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

MT-2 aren't that great, they tend to be fizzy and over saturated and it's annoying having to mess with them all the time. Try get a super overdrive or a DS-1 or a Guvnor.

• Advertisement

i used to have an mt-2 and it was great just set it up once and follow it wit an eq pedal and it was severely raw

guvnor maybe i'll try one out

had a ds-1 that i got off feylya and it was good but not chunky enough..

also had an od-1 and i only found good use for it as a boost for the amp channel but its a fine pedal for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Hey jcoote, check your PMs. ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Tonecore pedals are incredible. I love the Uber Metal one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

its cool i bought KH's metal zone

the uber metal doesn't really do it for me fey its a great pedal and all but i really think line6 go a little far with the metal end of things on it

Oh and by the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY KH WWWOOOOT!!!

• Advertisement

jcoote wrote:
    Oh and by the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY KH WWWOOOOT!!!

Thanks man! WWWOOOOT indeed! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I must admit, the mt-2 is a terrible pedal. I once managed to squeeze an ok sound from it but that was running it through a Mesa.

i have samples of my one years ago and i think they sound cool

i'll post in an hour or so and see what u think

its the ge-7 it makes all the difference

feylya wrote:
    I once managed to squeeze an ok sound from it but that was running it through a Mesa.

I wonder where you did that? ;)

I think it's a pretty good pedal, but the Engl makes it obsolete in this house.

yeah its only until i can get a decent distortion from a new amp anyway so

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Spicy Lauren

BossBD-2Big.jpg

had one of them too but its not beefy enough for what i need now its a great pedal tho

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

I've heard great things about the Danelectro FAB-1

It's only €20 so it wouldn't be a big loss if you dont like it.

You can get them from www.audiocity.ie

cheers gaffmaster anyone sed a FAB-1

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Chase Manhattan

If you're looking for something beefy, the big muff has a great low end. I'm not sure how it will work through a house PA but it sounds great with a tube amp - a pedal that has a timeless quality. I occasionally use a marshall govenor pedal (old one made in uk)which has a nice eq - better for mid range distortion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

feylya wrote:
    I must admit, the mt-2 is a terrible pedal. I once managed to squeeze an ok sound from it but that was running it through a Mesa.
    I like my MT-2 :):):)

Each to their own...(but Im right and you're wrong ;) )

Advertisement