Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

After Marriage-Keeping things healthy

• 29-07-2006 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Well some of us not so newly weds might have some questions after getting married and what to expect from each other, so throw in your comments please. I'm married over 2 years now and I'm quite content but hardly an expert on the situation, heres a few pointers I dragged up from different sources into one spot. Some of these are basic common sense really. :)

*Don't expect a perfect relationship. That happens only in fairy tales. Problems will occur. You will get hurt. Being too concerned with the problems will stop you from paying enough attention to what is good in the relationship.

*Reward yourself and your partner for the good that comes out of your being together.

*Talk regularly about even the smallest of problems and help find a solution before things get out of hand. Don't expect your partner to know whats going on in your head 100% of the time. :)

*An obvious one here people, split the housework and don't be the sterotypical male, there is no shame in it. ;)

*When you are in the wrong say "I'm sorry", accept that it was your fault and apologise for it.

*Encourage your partner to act and make decisions. Both of you will be able to accomplish more with the other's support and encouragement.

*A favourite of mine but be careful with each other! If you get in an argument and feel like hurting each other, have a wrestling match (naked) and you will end up in tears of laughter.

Please feel free to add to these and to all the people getting married now and in the future, best of luck! :D

Advertisement