Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exploding Dell Laptops

Options
  • 29-07-2006 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭

Anyone getting slighty concerned about the increase in self combusting Dell laptops out there? The first one at that chinese conference and the latest one here
    Looks like a latitude D500/600 model, pretty well fuggered from the looks of it,wouldnt fancy this going off in your lap!?Roast nuts...but asides from that thought theres the issue of inflight concerns and well Dell could have a very big lawsuit on there hands if someone does get burned by these batteries.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Oh dear *hugs my inspiron* Don't look my pet! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Guest

Lol, Looks serious..Good auld Fujitsu Siemens, No chance there of any Expodeing or Fire risks, Hope not anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

better check your battery then... https://www.dellbatteryprogram.com/

thats it they should ban DELL lappies from planes !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭imprezza

Lol, Looks serious..Good auld Fujitsu Siemens, No chance there of any Expodeing or Fire risks, Hope not anyway

Hate to break the news but my Fujitsu laptop melted it overheated from too much use :eek:

got pictures ?! or do u work for dell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Lol I dont know too many people who'd be declaring they work for Dell judging by some of the reception Dell topics get around here...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Man, don't be such a scare-monger; it's not like every other Dell laptop has a defective battery that will "spontaneously" combust :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭jetsonx

all that laptop needs is a defrag and AV scan and it should be ok!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

jetsonx wrote:
    all that laptop needs is a defrag and AV scan and it should be ok!

Yeah its fine, only a scratch on it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

http://blogs.smh.com.au/mashup/archives/005359.html

Another Dell laptop goes up in flames........this time it happens to be the same model I'm currently writing this post on..a D410..:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

It's a good thing I have a firewall.

Advertisement