Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere to get a wah fixed?

Options
  • 29-07-2006 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭

I got a Jim Dunlop 535Q two weeks ago and the large silver knob for adjusting the wah range has broken. I'm going into the studio on the 8th of August and the online site where I bought it won't have anymore in stock for another two weeks so they're no good to me. I need this particular wah, for the adjustable range, for one of our songs so I'm wondering is there anywhere I can go to get it fixed? I'd even buy a new one in Dublin only everywhere I've rang is out of stock.
    Btw, anyone else have this wah and have similar trouble with the silver knob? It didn't feel too sturdy for me from day one and then eventually it just stopped adjusting the range when you turned it, you could no longer hear/feel the click as you switched ranges. And it came off too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

You sure that its not just a loose knob? If is still off try adjusting the the Pot by hand without the knob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭FastMachine

Nah, it's definately broken.

Ok, just sounded like the knob was loose and that it was jsut that the shaft wasnt turning. Maybe one of the guys at bread head pedals can help you if you get in touch with them. Anyone remember the url cause I cant find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Did the actual shaft of the pot come off? Can you take pictures by any chance?

Sorry, that's what I meant by broken. The shaft won't turn when I put the knob back on. Maybe I could turn it with a pair of pliers, there's no way you could turn it by hand, can't get a proper grip on it. I'll have to give it a try.

• Advertisement

Is it a split shaft or solid? Does the knob have a little screw in the side?

Seems I can get it to turn with a pair of vice grips, I suppose it's better than nothing. The shaft is solid. I can't actually work out how the knob was turning it in the first place, I can put it back on now and it's so loose that it doesn't catch anything as you turn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

We need pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

ya need a new knob lol

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭gotBass

Hey fast machine,
    Bring yourself and your pedal into maplin or peats and show them the problem.
    it sounds like you need a new pot rather than the knob. but the guys could tell you straight off.
    If you open it up there's information about the pot on the back of the pot
    like is resistance and whether its a log or linear pot, this is useful to the guys in the shop.

Before you get into it though, have you checked to see if the pedal can be fixed under warranty?
    If you pop it open yourself and have a poke around you may violate any warranty you have.

• Advertisement
Advertisement