Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

screen problem with latitude c600

Options
  • 28-07-2006 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭

This was working fine, until I hooked it up to an external lcd monitor!
    now the screen wont come on once windows has booted up. Its fine during post and windows load. If i do the Fn-Fwhatever it will flash on for a second and then go back to dark.
    Its 750 MHz p111 running winxp pro-sp2
    Ive tried the bios settings but all I can find is a setting for system/dock video and it doesnt make any difference. (ive seen on ibm lappies a setting to change between the lcd and an external monitor but mine doesnt seem to have this)

Any help gratefully accepted:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What happens when you plug the external monitor back in? Can you boot into safe mode using the laptop and its own screen? It could be as simple as the resolution being set to something outside of the laptops native range, or that in the control panel its still set to the lcd as primary monitor or something similar...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

You may need to tape 'Fn-Fwhatever' 2, or 3 times.
    Plug the ext. monitor back in and switch the display settings back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

HavoK wrote:
    What happens when you plug the external monitor back in? Can you boot into safe mode using the laptop and its own screen? It could be as simple as the resolution being set to something outside of the laptops native range, or that in the control panel its still set to the lcd as primary monitor or something similar...

It works fine on the external monitor, Im nearly sure I didnt change anything on the control panel, would windows do this by itself?
    Karoma wrote:
    You may need to tape 'Fn-Fwhatever' 2, or 3 times.
    Plug the ext. monitor back in and switch the display settings back...

Tried both of these.....No good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

I found the problem.... windows had kindly installed 16 monitors for me:rolleyes:
    so I presume it was cycling through them all when i was trying to switch between external lcd and lappy lcd...

Thanks for the help guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Gotta love Windoze... LOL :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement