Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Artificial Harmonics

Options
  • 28-07-2006 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Anyone here actually avail of artificial harmonics on there instrument as opposed to a good ol natural harmonic? No-one I know uses em

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

I do! In the 80s tribute band I sometimes play in for the very start of Waiting For a Star to Fall though I think I'll revert back to just tapped harmonics nect time I have to play it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I use 'em tonnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Most lead guitarists will use them in their solos. It's fun to be playing down the fret board, throw in an odd pinch harmonic that sounds like it came from the higher registers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

ned78 wrote:
    Most lead guitarists will use them in their solos. It's fun to be playing down the fret board, throw in an odd pinch harmonic that sounds like it came from the higher registers.

I find they work good in rythms aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I use them all the time, but you they can sound cheesy and crap when used incorrectly. Rory Gallagher used them all of the time in a purely blues context while Slash also uses them in a hard rock kinda way. Of course, you always want to do a giant divebomb with one aswell ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I used to play my Les Paul (sniffle) like a cello sometimes, have it between my knees and thrum the fretboard with my index finger and chord with the left naturally. If you play with the right hand moving up and down the fretboard getting different harmonics to different chords it can sound quite nice and shiny.

If you do that make sure to make use of the other four fingers on your hand - to thrum sometimes.

Advertisement