Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Fairways...

Options
  • 28-07-2006 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

Lads,

Do many of you use the Open Fairways thingy? Is it worth joining? I don't tend to play too many of the more expensive courses (have a mate who's a member in Carton so get that at a deduced rate) but maybe I would if I got a good discount - what d'yis reckon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 clipper1981

bought it myself for the first time last year and I would highly recommend it. a lot of good courses on it and the 4 for 2 and 2 for 1 offers are great value. Also I think you can get the Open Fairways card at a discounted rate using Pigsback

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Never had to buy one as two of my mates have them but definitely a good deal if you like to play a lot of diffferent courses. We've noticed that a lot of places don't even bother to mark the card so you can play again and again rather than just the one or two offers that are supposed to be on the card.

Just two things to note. Some of the clubs only accept it monday to friday so it may not be such a good deal if you can only play your golf at weekends. The other thing is, once you've used a few of the 4 for 2 and 2 for 1 deals you will get the idea in your head that clubs that are only offering 25% discount (4 for the price of 3) are ripping you off. It's funny.

Advertisement