Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ground Rent?

Options
  • 28-07-2006 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭

How to you pay off ground rent, the house came under the Pembroke estate. I remember looking at the original title deeds a few years back and I know that at some stage in the future 2030/40 the cost of buying out the ground rent would be a % of the value of the land (maybe subsequent laws have made this redundant?). The ground rent hasn’t been paid since the 1980’s (£10 a year or some such figure). Is it still necessary to buy it out?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

You contact the Land Registry, the details are here:
    http://www.landregistry.ie/index.asp?locID=180&docID=-1

Look in particular at s. 29 which gives the formula on how the price is determined if there is more then 15 years remaining on the lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,297 ✭✭✭✭Victor

How does adverse possession (if rent hasn't been paid in ~20 years) affect ground rent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

Not sure, I'm sure it's statute barred after the same amount of time required to take action for other types of immovable property(which is what the right to receive ground rent is) 12 years, I'm not sure what effect this has on the price or procedure used to compulsory purchase the freehold.

Advertisement