Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specks of rust on irons - best way to clean them?

Options
  • 27-07-2006 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭

I bought a new set of irons (Titleist 704's) 3 months ago and already most of the heads are showing up specks of rust. My own fault, as I was caught in some heavy downpours whilst playing rounds in April/May.

What's the best way of removing this rust? A tootbrush and a bit of elbow grease or isther a more scientific method?

Obviously, in future I won't be in such a rush to get to the bar and will take the time to clean my clubs after each round!!

Madds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

Wash them with a cloth with a bit of WD40.. ;) rub the shafts down with it too..

• Registered Users Posts: 27,034 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

yeah I use WD40 on all my shafts/heads
    Rust on the heads is a bit weird though...Ive only ever seen it on the shafts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Thanks folks....will give this a go this evening.

Madds

Advertisement